The Sacrament of Baptism is the beginning of life—the supernatural life.
We are excited that you are considering the Sacrament of Baptism. Baptism is a powerful
sacrament that gives new life and new identity:
- It washes away original sin and its effects,
- It makes us adopted children of God,
- It connects us to a new community of believers-the Body of Christ,
- It initiates us into a new way of living- as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
Being the first of seven sacraments, Baptism is the entrance into the Catholic faith
and often called “The door to the Church.” Children six years old and under are received
through infant baptism. Those seven and older are received through the Rite of Christian
Initiation (RCIA). For more information, visit the appropriate process below.
“Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit,
and the door which gives access to the other sacraments.”
– Catechism of the Catholic Church 1213